Date: 23rd of November
Suitable for all Levels
This one day workshop, is full of fun and learning and an excuse to get messy and play. It is an introduction to the art of using cameraless film techniques on 16mm black and white copy film material. We will be using photogram and chemigrams techniques using organic and non-organic materials as well as scratching and painting and work with found footage and making loops with flat prints, using basic black and white photographic chemistry in a film darkroom.
– Introduction to black and white 16mm film physical and photo-chemical qualities
– Demonstration of equipment and ingredients
– Working with film in open daylight
– Making tests
– Also working with the film in the darkroom using contact printing using found footage
– Reversal process (using the negative and positive image)
– Creative processing techniques
– Making film loops and projecting them using 16mm projector
Ieva Balode (LV) is an artist and film curator working with the analogue image. With her work,s she takes part in international exhibitions and festivals presenting her work both in installation, as well as cinema and performance situation. As a curator, she is a founding member of Baltic Analog Lab – artists collective from Riga providing a space and platform for analogue film production, research, and education. She is also a director of experimental film festival “Process” happening in Riga from the year 2017.
Date: 23rd of November )
Arrive at 10.30