The purpose of this residency program is to facilitate and support the development of photographic practice and is open to any photographer or artist using the medium of photography that is seeking to develop their work. Each residency will run for 3 months and end with an exhibition of the artist work.
These residencies are supported by Facebook Art Department.
The Facebook Art Department has a collective mission to encourage creativity, innovation, openness, and connectivity through art and design.
For all the residency we will provide..
- A private studio that is also a darkroom with sink, enlarger all that you need, including a desk and storage.
- Each artist will receive a artist fee of €1250.00
- As well as €1100.00 towards their materials
- Mentorship, weekly feedback sessions, training, technical support, advice and access to Darkroom courses (depending on availability of space) as well as 1-2-1 teaching sessions
- Will get to make a Photographic Artist Residency ‘Zine’ created on risograph printer in Facebooks ARL
- Full access to the photography studio (except when there is classes on in the space)
- Use of camera and studio equipment (with prior booking)
- Access to professional Epson scanner and a printer (with prior booking)
- Use of our in-house photography library
- Access to hot desk
- Each Artist will do Two artist talks/ workshops in Facebook and one in The Darkroom
Here is the list of our Residencies Programs.
Emerging Artist Residency: 2019
Runs: Starting on October 11th and Artist Ali Waters has been awarded the residency
The Emerging Artist Residency is considered in their early to mid stage of their career and have to be over over 18 years of age with no upper age limit . It is designed to offer a developing artist, working in any art form, the opportunity to explore their practice through the discipline of photography. This residency will culminate in an exhibition and an artist talk.
Deadline: September CLOSED See below for submission details
Photographic Artist Residency: 2020
Runs: from February 11th to May 11th
For this Residency if you do not live in Dublin we have a budget of $5000.00 Dollars from Airbnb towards your accommodation in an Airbnb property.
The Photographic Artist Residency is focused on contemporary artists for whom photography is at the core of their practice. It is designed to allow participants the time, space and resources to develop a lens-based body of work that will culminate in a public exhibition, photo book, zine etc to be exhibited/launched at The Darkroom. Participants will have access to specialist cameras and equipment (including large and medium format cameras) in addition to other residency resources as listed. Exhibition will run at the end of the residency for 10-14 days
December 31th Extended out to the 9th of January 2020 Interviews will be held on the 15th Jan See below for submission details
Graduate Residency: 2020
Will be running from June 11th to September 11th
The Graduate Residency is open to graduates from BA Programs in Photography/Fine Art, who is no more than a year out of college (who use photography within their practice) within the Republic of Ireland. It is a 3 month residency with an exhibition at the end of the residency and is competitively awarded based on the quality of the applicants’ work.
Deadline: March 30th Midnight See below for submission details
Note IMP We know that you have just graduated so we do not expect a huge amount of independent work. You can add any examples of works of your own or you can reference other artist you feel there work is relevant to your application and your idea’s of a project you want to pursue durning your residency
Residency Submission Materials:
Applications should take the form of one PDF document to include the following: IMP Must be submitted as an attachment no links will be downloaded.
1) Up-to-date CV (2 pages max)
2) A statement about your art practice, detailing themes, working methods and use of media (300 words max);
3) A project proposal including details of project timeline and required technical resources (400 words max);
4) Examples of work: documentation in the form of images or Youtube/Vimeo link. Please include the following details: title, medium, date of work. (10 Photographic works max)
EMAIL: Submission to be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org with residency in the subject line
If you want more information, contact us!