The purpose of this residency program is to facilitate and support the development of photographic practice and is open to any photographer or artist using the medium of photography that is seeking to develop their work. Each residency will end with an exhibition of the artist work.
We are hoping that we will have a dedicated studio/darkroom available for each artist residency.
Residencies tend to entail
- Full access to the Black and White darkroom (except when classes are on in the darkroom)
- Full access to the photography studio (except when classes are on in the studio)
- Use of camera and studio equipment (with prior booking)
- Access to professional Epson professional scanner and printer (will prior booking)
- The provision of all the chemicals and equipment for film processing and printing in the darkroom (residency recipient will have to provide their own photographic film and paper)
- Mentorship, weekly feedback sessions, technical support, advice and access to coinciding Darkroom courses (depending on availability of space)
- Use of our in-house photography library
- Access to hot desk
Here is the list of our Residencies Programs.
Graduate Residency: 2019
Will be running from the 2nd September to 11th of May
The Graduate Residency is open to graduates from BA Programs in Photography/Fine Art (who use photography within their practice) within the Republic of Ireland. It is a 4 month residency and is competitively awarded based on the quality of the applicants’ work.
This Residency start in September 3rd each artist will be interviewed by a panel mad up of Board members, artist and funders
Residency Submission Materials:
- Please email a statement about your art practice, detailing themes, working methods and use of media (300 words max)
- Ten image of your work by the 15 August to firstname.lastname@example.org, in your submission please put GRADUATE RESIDENCY in subject line.
Emerging Artist Residency: 2020
Runs: Starting in 12th of January to the 12th May
The Emerging Artist Residency is designed to enable a practising artist working within all mediums the opportunity to explore their practice through the discipline of photography. This residency runs over 4 Months.
Deadline: November the 30th 2019 Midnight See below for submission details
Photographic Artist Residency: 2020
Runs: from 14th of May to the 13th of September
The Photographic Artist Residency is focused on contemporary artists for whom photography is at the core of their practice. It is designed to allow participants the time, space and resources to develop a lens-based body of work that will culminate in a public exhibition, photobook, zine etc to be exhibited/launched at The Darkroom. Participants will have access to specialist cameras and equipment (including large and medium format cameras) in addition to other residency resources as listed. This residency will take place over Exhibition to run on the 4th of June to the 15th
Deadline: March 31st Midnight See below for submission details
Residency Submission Materials:
Applications should take the form of one PDF document to include the following:
1) Up-to-date CV (2 pages max)
2) A statement about your art practice, detailing themes, working methods and use of media (300 words max);
3) a project proposal including details of project timeline and required technical resources (300 words max);
4) Examples of work: documentation in the form of images or Youtube/Vimeo link. Please include the following details: title, medium, date of work. (10 Photographic works max)
If you want more information, contact us!